USP DISMAC convened a meeting this afternoon following the public announcement by the Prime Minister of Fiji, Honourable Josaia Bainimarama.
USP Laucala Graduation on 22nd and 23rd April 2021
- Is cancelled. Further information will be provided to graduates by SAS Laucala Campus.
Field Trips and Mass Gatherings (> 100 persons)
- Is cancelled until further notice
Laucala, Lautoka, Labasa, Campuses; Pacific TAFE Centres in Lautoka and Namaka and Savusavu Center
These campuses and centers will remain open as per their normal business hours but with the following COVID 19 restrictions and measures.
- All teaching spaces must use the 50% capacity rule. This will apply to exam venues also. For Mid-Semester Tests scheduled at this time, Heads of Schools will review dates and advise options. Course Coordinators have the flexibility to conduct online tests, with approval of the HOS.
- Seats in teaching spaces will be marked for social distancing. Persons are not to use those seats marked with X
- Staff and students within the lockdown areas are strongly encouraged to wear masks, when moving outdoors.
- All physical contact including handshakes, hugging is discouraged.
- All persons are encouraged to wash their hands at the Hand wash stations provided
- All staff, students and visitors entering the campuses are required get their temperatures taken by the security guards at entry points. Those with high temperature will need to seek medical assessment and cannot enter the premises until cleared by doctors.
- Staff from Laucala Campus who may be stranded in Lautoka or Nadi and cannot come to Suva will teach remotely and lab-based classes will be deferred. The HOS will agree alternate arrangements.
- All staff will continue to come to work every day and supervisors must ensure adequate social distancing is observed. Sections that need additional space can utilise the empty classrooms. Line SMT must approve any change in work arrangements and relocation of their respective staff at all times.
- Laucala Campus Gym, swimming pool, sporting fields, staff club will be closed for fourteen days and includes all religious activities held on campus premises.
- Laucala Campus shops, pharmacies, restaurants and cafeterias are to observe social distancing protocols for seating arrangements/sanitation arrangements for their customers.
- All staff and students are encouraged to download and activate the CareFiji app on their mobiles.
- Staff and students are to call 158 if they display COVID symptoms and visit their nearest health facility and please do not come to the Campus.
The University wishes to inform all its staff, students and visitors that these measures are being taken to comply with national guidelines and protocols for your health and safety.
More updates will be provided to you as the current situation evolves in the coming days and weeks.
We thank you for your kind cooperation at this difficult time.