The Office of the Pro-Chancellor and Chair of Council wishes to clarify that Post-2000, the sequential numbering of The University of the South Pacific Chancellorship changed from an incumbent-based system to the annual member country based system for the Chancellorship term between 1st July of the current year and 30th June of the following year.
The correct sequential numbering of The University of the South Pacific Chancellorship investiture were and are as follows:
1. Government of Niue invested with the 28th Chancellorship
– Incumbent Chancellor being H.E. Honourable Dalton Tagelagi 1st July 2021 until 30th June 2022
2. Republic of Nauru invested with the 27th Chancellorship
– H.E. Honourable Lionel Aingimea: 1st July 2020 to 30th June 2021
3. Republic of the Marshall Island invested with the 26th Chancellorship
– H.E. Honourable David Kabua: 13th January 2020 to 30th June 2020
– H.E. Honourable Dr. Hilda Heine: 1st July 2019 to 12th January 2020
The Office of the Pro-Chancellor and Chair of Council profoundly apologises to the Heads of State and Head of Government of the:
- Government of Niue
- Republic of Nauru and
- Republic of the Marshall Islands
- its People, and the University Community.
It unconditionally retracts the misunderstanding on the sequential numbering of The University of the South Pacific Chancellorship that was previously released in the public domain since 13th January 2020.
Issued by the Office of the Pro-Chancellor and Chair of Council, The University of the South Pacific, Laucala Campus- Suva.
For further queries please contact: Acting Secretary to Council and Manager Council and Senate Secretariat, Mr. Totivi D Bokini-Ratu on 3232333 or firstname.lastname@example.org