Student Administrative Services (SAS)

The Student Administrative Services (SAS) section is a “one-stop-shop” providing academic services to all Samoa Campus students whether studying:

  • face-to-face mode,
  • print mode,
  • blended mode,
  • online mode.

Our primary function is to provide a range of support services which will assist students in navigating their journey of studies towards the successful completion of their registered programme(s).

About 30% of Samoa Campus students take Face-to-Face courses, with the other 70% taking courses by the Flexible Learning mode. SAS is your first point of contact if you are interested in studying at Samoa Campus or have any queries regarding your studies. The SAS Front Office handles face to face student enquiries and its referral services will provide information as to the appropriate person the student needs to contact.

SAS can also assist USP Laucala Campus and USP Emalus Campus students with Admission Applications and Registration of courses.

ON CAMPUS: A range of Agriculture courses for the Diploma in Agriculture, Bachelor of Agriculture, Postgraduate Diploma in Agriculture, Master of Agriculture and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) are offered On Campus.

FLEXIBLE LEARNING COURSES: There are more than 100 courses at the Pre Degree and Degree level which students can take by Flexible Learning. These courses are offered by:

Schools:

  • School of Accounting, Finance and Economics (SAFE)
  • School of Agriculture, Geography, Environment, Ocean and Natural Sciences (SAGEONS)
  • School of Business and Management (SBM)
  • School of Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Physics (STEMP)
  • School of Law and Social Sciences (SoLaSS)
  • School of Pacific Arts, Communication and Education (SPACE)

Interdisciplinary Colleges and Centres:

  • Pacific TAFE (PTAFE)
  • Pacific Centre for Environment and Sustainable Development (PACE-SD)

Services provided by SAS include:

  • Enrolment
  • Admissions
  • Academic Counseling
  • Registration (Course & Programme)
  • Summer Schools
  • Student Exchange
  • Study Abroad

Assessment

  • Cross Credits
  • Course Assessment (Assignments, Tests & Reports)
  • Final Examinations & Results
  • Issue and Verification of Academic Records
  • Completion of Programme Applications

Administration

  • Sponsor Liaison
  • Administration of scholarships and allowances
  • Lecture, laboratory and tutorial timetabling
  • Receipt and delivery of student mail
  • Administration of examinations and processing of final results
  • Graduation Ceremony

Student Data

  • Entry of Student Data on banner (Student/Courses/Programmes)
  • Academic Records
  • Reports
  • Statistics

Flexible Learning (FL)

  • Academic counselling services
  • Liaise with Course Coordinators on students behalf
  • Logging, tracking and distribution of FL assignments
  • Administration of FL tests
  • Recruitment, supervision and payment of FL tutors
  • Dissemination of important information to students

SAS Front Office Opening Hours

During Semester

Mon – Fri   8.30am – 6.30pm

Sat              8.30am – 12.00pm

Semester Break

Mon – Thurs   8.30am – 4.30pm

Fri                    8.30am – 4.00pm

Ms. SeulGee Samuelu | Coordinator – SAS | Tel: (+685) 21671 Ext 231 | Email: seulgee.samuelu@usp.ac.fj

Ms. Roberta Pesamino | Student Officer – Data | Tel: (+685) 21671 Ext 235 | Email: roberta.pesamino@usp.ac.fj

Ms. Reima Setefano | Student Officer – Administration | Tel: (+685) 21671 Ext 234 | Email: reima.setefano@usp.ac.fj

Ms. Paula Laloanea Ioane | Student Officer – Front Desk | Tel: (+685) 21671 Ext 200 | Email: paula.ioane@usp.ac.fj

 

At SAS, we deliver services and support to students at all levels of study from the point of enrolment to graduation.