The University of the South Pacific student and customer online payment Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply in relation to USP online payments. By browsing and (where applicable) making payments to USP you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, our website terms and conditions and any additional terms and conditions presented during the payment process.
The University of the South Pacific (USP) provides the Online Payment Service that enables you to make payments to USP accounts from anywhere in the world with the use of credit cards.
Our formal trading details are as follows:
The University of the South Pacific,
Private Mail Bag,
Phone: (679) 323 1000
Application of terms and conditions
When we refer to "we" or "our" or "us" in these terms and conditions we are referring to The University of the South Pacific (USP) and "our" has a corresponding meaning.
"You" means you our customer under these terms and conditions and "your" has a corresponding meaning.
The site (excluding any linked third party sites) is controlled by USP. By accessing this site, you accept that any disputes about this site or the Content are to be determined by the courts having jurisdiction in Fiji in accordance with the laws in force in Fiji-(subject to the application of any principle of conflict of laws inconsistent with this requirement). This site may be accessed throughout Fiji and overseas.
What is Personal Information?
Personal information is information that can be used, or is capable of being used, to identify an individual. It would include, for example, your name, student / customer ID, addresses, e-mail and phone details.
Why do we collect and store your information?
The main reasons for which we collect and store your data are to:
- Record transactions made by you, for example, student fees payments, customer payments.
- Communicate with you to confirm transactions you have made.
- Enable us to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Who do we disclose your information to?
We treat the information you provide to us with the utmost confidentiality.
We deploy appropriate security measures in order to protect the information you provide to us, however you acknowledge that your use of the Internet and our website is entirely at your own risk and that we cannot accept any liability for the security of any data that is transmitted via the Internet.
How can you receive a copy of your payment details?
You have the right to see the payment details for transactions made. The University of the South Pacific will send an email on executed transactions to email address(es) provided by the student / customer (please ensure that a valid email address is provided).
What will you be charged for this service?
There will be a 2.5% service charge on any successful transaction. You will not be charged for payment confirmation emails.
Payment from USP online payment website
- Currently USP online payment system accepts MasterCard, American Express and VISA cards. Should USP commence accepting other credit cards, it shall be displayed on the USP online payment website.
- The University of the South Pacific took strict security measures to minimize online credit card fraud. Our major security partners are PositiveSSL CA and the site is also verified by VISA card and MasterCard SecureCode, and Direct Payments Solutions (DPS) Limited. USP’s Internet Payment Gateway is powered by Westpac Banking Corporation Fiji.
- USP will not store any Credit Card information for security purpose or will not be sending any requests for updating or editing Credit Cards information on its site. If in the event that this kind of request has come to you via E-mail or other medium, please contact us before you enter such details. This may be a malicious attempt to gather personal information fraudulently by parties unknown to us.
- In the event whereby you, by mistake or willingly make a payment which was not your original intent, we will reverse such transactions with a charge if our banks charges USP for the reversal. Users are expected to take precautions during making transactions to verify payment beforehand.
- Please note that all payments made should be in Fijian Dollars (FJD).
What currency is supported on the online payment system?
At the moment, only FJD currency is supported. If you need to convert your currency to FJD, please use this site. http://www.xe.com/ucc/
What can be done on incomplete or unsuccessful transactions?
Unsuccessful transactions are due to usage of invalid credit cards. Please use a valid credit card to avoid such problems.
Incomplete transactions are due to system maintenance. You will not be able to complete a transaction if the system is under maintenance. Further, a notification of ‘SYSTEM TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE’ will show. In case of incomplete transactions we encourage you to use alternative method of payments in order to make payment before deadline and avoid Late Payment charges.
Alternative Payment Methods
The alternative payment methods that you can use are direct deposits to ANZ and WBC Bank, Payment to Post Fiji, paying directly to USP cashier, Telegraphic Transfers (TT) or payment via Internet Banking. Contact your respective banks with our banks details (provided below) and your payment description for more information. Please add FJD $10.00 service fee when paying via Telegraphic Transfers.
Name of Account:
The University of the South Pacific – Main Account
Westpac Banking Corporation
1 Thomson Street
BSP or IDN#:
Please advise the relevant finance staff via email once your payment has been executed by your bank.
Student Fees & Charges
Students can pay the listed fees & charges via credit cards:
- Study Permit Fees
- Tuition Fees
- Locker Hire Fees
- Replacement: ID Card
- Replacement: Receipts
- Transcripts - Official
- Transcripts - Unofficial
- Course Prescription /Verification Fee
- Special Exam per Course
- Appeal for cross-credit
- Change of Exam Venue Fee
- Application for waiver of fees
- Withdrawal Fee
- Reconsider Course Grades
- General Service Fee
- Late Payment Fees
- Health Service Fees
- Accommodation Fees
- Late Admission Application Fees
- Late Admissions Fee
- Late Registration Fee
- Disciplinary Fine
- Issue Fee (Various Letters)
NOTE: Library fines are to be paid at the Library.
For more details contact the following in Finance Section:
Student online payment details
a) Required fields needed to be filled for payment identification:
- Student Name
- Student ID
- Phone Contact
- Payment Description
Suspension of registration: Your registration will be suspended if you fail to pay your tuition fees in full by the due date.
- Revalidation of registration: To revalidate your registration, you must pay your tuition in full plus the applicable late payment fees within 4 weeks after the due date.
- Deregistration: If you fail to pay your tuition and late payments fees within 4 weeks after the due date, you may be deregistered from all courses. You will still be liable for all tuition and ancillary fees.
c) Fee payment deadlines:
- The fee payment deadline is as per invoice. Late Payment Fee is applicable to all tuition fee payments made after this date. Students will be liable for Late Payment Fee as follows:
- First 4 weeks - FJD125
- Next 4 weeks - FJD150
- Thereafter - FJD200
NOTE: Fee payment deadlines vary for different semesters, and trimesters.
USP customers can pay various charges as per issued invoices or of their own accord via credit cards:
- Lab Charges
- Room Hire
- Equipment Hire
- Lodges / Accommodations
- Halls’ Visitor Charges
- Staff Various Recoveries
- FJ Domain registration / Renewal
- Hire of Labs
For more details contact Mr Emosi Sakuwai in Accounts Receivables Section:
a). Required fields needed to be filled for payment identification:
- Full Name
- Email address
- Phone Contact
- Payment Description
Changes to the terms and conditions
We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time by publishing the changed terms on USP online payment website. When revised terms and conditions are published on the USP online payment website, all payments submitted by you after the revised terms and conditions are published shall be subject to the terms and conditions as revised.
While we make all efforts to provide 24/7 service, we hereby declare that we will not be responsible for any consequences for late payments. Please use other alternative payment methods such as direct deposits to ANZ and WBC Bank, Payment to Post Fiji, paying directly to USP Cashier, Telegraphic Transfers or payment via Internet Banking.