| || |
BSc, PGDipCS, MSc (S.Pac)
Learning Systems Developer
Section: Learning Technologies & Analytics
Location: TEDFuturesHUB, Laucala Campus
Tel: (+679) 323 1964, Fax: (+679) 323 1417
Rajneel is a Learning Systems Developer based with the Centre for Flexible Learning (CFL) at the University of the South Pacific, Laucala Campus, Fiji. He is part of the Learning Technologies & Analytics Team and is responsible for carrying out all the development and customisation works of the Universityís Learning Systems platform. The main components of USPís Learning Systems platform are Moodle and Mahara.
He took up his current role in September, 2011. He initially joined the University in 2006 as a Tutor in Computing Science and Information Systems. After teaching for over five years, he decided to move into the software development field, and when the opportunity arrived, he did not hesitate.
Rajneel holds a Bachelor of Science degree, majoring in Computing Science and Engineering Technology, and a Post-Graduate Diploma in Computing Science, both from USP.
His key interests are in software development and recently in the design and development of e-learning systems. He is a fan of open source software, and actively make use of open source technologies in his software development work.
The following ongoing research projects are funded by the USP Strategic Research Theme (SRT) Project:
- Creating Electronic Portfolio (e-Portfolio) at Pacific TAFE to assess student's competencies for industry at the University of the South Pacific
- Creating a mobile application (app) - MyKana for a healthier Fiji - a collaborative effort of The University of the South Pacific and the National Food and Nutrition Centre, Ministry of Health and Medical Services, Fiji
- Prasad, D., Totaram, R., & Usagawa, T. (2016). A Framework for Open Textbooks Analytics System. TechTrends, 60(4), 344-349.
- Prasad, D., Totaram, R., & Usagawa, T. (2016). Development of open textbooks learning analytics system. International Review of Research in Open and Distance Learning, 17(5), 215-234.
- R. Totaram, B. Sharma, and A. Jokhan, Teaching Mathematics in an Online Environment, International Conference on Mathematics of Date (ICMD 2010-2011), December 31, 2010 -January 4, 2011
- D. Bhartu and R. Totaram, Managing Moodle at the University of the South Pacific, Moodle Moot AU, 2010
- R. Totaram, B. Sharma, and J. Vanualailai, An Interactive Window for Split/rejoin Maneuvers of Swarms, 7th joint Australia-New Zealand Mathematics Convention (ANZMC2008), December 7-12, 2008
- EduTECH Brisbane - 2015
- MoodleMoot AU - 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010
- International Conference on Mathematics of Date - 2010
- MoodleMoot NZ - 2008
- 7th joint Australia-New Zealand Mathematics Convention - 2008