Arranging your visa
Please visit https://www.immigration.gov.fj/travel-requirements/fiji-visas to arrange your visa to attend the conference.
In order to submit an application online, ensure of the following:
- Refer to checklists on immigration website for all required documents before uploading and submitting the form.
- ONLY PDF files can be uploaded.
- Select the application to lodge from the dropdown list in the form provided. If you are unsure on the type of permit to apply for, email the Department on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fill out all required details and upload the documents listed in the checklists. If you require clarification on documents in the checklist, email the Department on email@example.com.
- Ensure that all required documents from the relevant checklist are uploaded.
- Submit a valid email address and a phone contact for communication on your application.
- After submitting the application, please refer to email notification for Online Payment Details. You will be required to upload a copy of the bank payment receipt on link https://form.jotform.com/220728562158055.
The requirement for a BUSINESS/TRAINING/WORKSHOP PURPOSE
- Visitors Visa Application form
- Two (02) certified photos
- Certified Copy of Passport
- Sponsor letter if local company/organization is sponsoring to indicate the undertaking person for the duration of his period)
- A copy of the travel itinerary/ticket
The visa application fee is as follows:
- SINGLE ENTRY FEES – $91.00
- MULTIPLE ENTRY FEES – $180.00
Arrival in Nadi
When you land at Nadi International Airport you will pass the customs and pick up your luggage at the luggage belt. Load up a trolley and wheel your luggage around yourself. Withdraw some money out of the cash machine at the airport in order to be able to pay for the hotel and your general expenses during the day (food, internet, water, SIM card, phone credit etc.). You can change foreign currency at the bureau de change and purchase a sim card from one of the 3 mobile service providers at the airport should you require.
If you need to stay overnight in Nadi, there are affordable accommodations available. The Nomads Skylodge is about 5 minutes from the Nadi Airport. Skylodge provides courtesy transfers to and from the airport where you can either board your connecting domestic flight or catch the bus to Suva.
Getting to Suva
There are a number of ways to get to Suva City from Nadi however the most economical way is to travel by road which can take between 4-5 hours. Local company from the local bus station in Nadi town. You may also enquire at the airport for directions to the pickup point along the Sunbeam bus route just outside the airport premises. If you prefer to board from town though, airport taxis can take you to the bus station for about FJD15. When traveling in a taxi, ensure that your driver turns on his/her taximeter, otherwise there is a likely chance you will be overcharged.
There is also the coral sun bus service that leaves the Nadi Airport at 7:30AM and 12PM daily for the Holiday Inn in Suva. You have to board 15 to 20 minutes before departure. Tickets can be purchased right on the Arrivals concourse at the airport. Tickets cost FJD25 and bookings can be made beforehand: +679 672 0455 (24 hrs). Return taxis and minibus services to Suva also run daily from the Nadi bus station in town and can cost between FJD18-20.
You can also collect your luggage and walk to the domestic flights lounge to wait for your flight to the Nausori Airport. It takes about 45 minutes to drive to Suva. There are taxis available outside the airport.
Mobile phone Vodafone, Digicel and Ink are the three mobile telecommunication companies in Fiji.
Internet The conference organisers will provide an internet modem for the duration of the conference at the conference venue and the conference reception dinner.
There are several banks and money machines in Suva from which you can withdraw money. Some shops have credit card machines otherwise you will be expected to pay in cash. Try to avoid walking around town with large amounts of money on you.
Fiji enjoys a warm tropical maritime climate and maximum temperatures rarely move out of the 26° -31°C range year round. The warmest weather in Fiji is experienced between the months of December and April and the coolest between May and November.