Research and projects
ENGINEERING STUDENTS – FINAL YEAR PROJECTS DAY
The Bachelor of Engineering (BE) programmes in Electrical and Electronics and Mechanical Engineering are now fully operational within the School of Engineering and Physics at the University of the South Pacific.
We are delighted to advise that these programmes have been fully accredited by Engineering New Zealand (ENZ).
The crowning component of our Engineering programmes comes in the final year when all students undertake a year-long Final Year Project. This task allows the students to develop their skills and knowledge and expose them to all different phases of project design including problem definition and specifications, identification of stakeholders, analysis, synthesis, design, budgeting, scheduling, test and verification, validation, presentation, and documentation whilst embarking on duties that ultimately prepare them for the looming transition into a commercial workplace.
In light of these developments, we would like to extend a warm invitation to an important annual event at USP’s School of Engineering and Physics – the Engineering Students’ Final Year Projects Day.
Event Details are as follows:
Date: Monday 21st October 2019
Time: 8:30am – 12:00pm
Venue: N111 Lecture Theatre, USP, Laucala Campus, Suva
At this event, participants will have the opportunity to:
- See the work of final year engineering students that has been undertaken during their year-long projects.
- Listen to presentations on student projects.
- Meet with final year engineering students and staff at the lunch time poster session.
- Discuss the potential for launching a project of your own with a team of students in 2020.
- Establish priority contact with engineering students who are or will soon be searching for full-time employment or Industrial Work Placement (IWE).
8:45 – 9:00 Welcome and Introduction
9:00 – 12:00 Oral presentation sessions (Parallel streams)
12:00 – 2:00 Lunch with poster and project demonstration session