Message from the School
Ni sa bula vinaka!
Welcome to the School of Accounting, Finance and Economics (SAFE).
Our School offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses in the following disciplines:
- Official Statistics
- Population Studies and Demography
These disciplines are essential for financial success in all sectors of the economy and society including the corporate world, public sector and non-government space. They facilitate critical decisions concerning budgets and planning, procurement and expenditure, financial reporting and analysis, audit and assurance, trade and investment, development and growth.
SAFE is a dynamic and innovative School, delivering academic excellence through engagement and collaboration. That means we are continually growing and evolving in response to our environment. We listen and learn from our stakeholders within the University as well as our academic, industry and professional partners. This interaction enables us to maintain and strengthen the quality of our academic programmes.
I invite you to join us for a SAFE experience!
- Successful … we can prepare you for a wide-range of rewarding and successful careers. Our success is evident in the large number of students who enroll in our courses, graduate and embark on promising careers across the Pacific and even internationally. Therefore, joining SAFE is an important investment in your future.
- Amazing … we have an amazing team of qualified and experienced academics, who are supported by helpful administrative staff and enthusiastic peer mentors.
- Foundational … we help you cultivate technical expertise and generic skills positioning you for roles in and beyond accounting, finance and economics. This includes skills in oral and written communication, critical thinking and quantitative reasoning, ethics, professionalism and teamwork.
- Excellent … we deliver programmes that are internationally accredited or benchmarked.