World Book and Copyright Day
World Book Day or World Book and Copyright Day (also known as International Day of the Book or World Book Days) is a yearly event on 23rd April, organized by UNESCO in 1995 to promote reading, publishing and copyright.
In addition to World Book and Copyright Day, the World Intellectual Property Day established by WIPO is celebrated annually on 26 April. The theme for 2019 is depicted below:
To commemorate the significance of these two events, the Centre for Flexible Learning:
- Launched the revamped Copyright webpage;
- Designed posters and hosts a cabinet display at the Laucala campus Library foyer during the week of April 22-26, 2019 in conjunction with the University of the South Pacific Library;
- Designed bookmarks for distribution;
- Held a desk at the Laucala campus library foyer during the week of April 22-26, 2019 to answer questions from the university community.
- 23 April 3-4 pm
- 24 April – 9 -10 am
- 25 April – 1.30-2.30 pm
- 26 April 9.30-10.30 am
- Hosts an information seminar on April 23rd, 2019 at the FSTE Smart Classroom 12-1 pm;
- Hosts a Frequently Asked Questions on its webpage where 2 people get an opportunity to win prizes for submitting correct answers.