A student shall pay:
- tuition fees per semester/trimester no later than the deadline date for that semester prescribed in the Undergraduate and Postgraduate Programme Requirements and Admission Regulations Clause 13.1(a)
- half of any annual fee associated with enrolment (including the General Services fee and Health Services fee where applicable) per semester/trimester no later than the deadline date for the payment of tuition fees for that semester/trimester;
- any accommodation charges no later than the day his/her occupation begins;
- any other charge to the University by the due date specified on the invoice or other notifying document, or in the absence of such a date, on the day on which the debt is incurred.
No student who is in debt to the University or who has in his/her possession any property of the University shall receive a degree, diploma, certificate or other qualification of the University, nor shall they receive examination results for the current semester in which holds have been applied to his/her student account.
No student who is in debt to the University or who has in his/her possession any property of the University shall be permitted to register in a subsequent semester/trimester.
FEE PAYMENT BY INSTALLMENT
- All students studying at the Laucala Campus through any mode of study are ineligible for this scheme. This scheme of arrangement is only applicable to students studying in other campuses except for those campuses which currently adopt the upfront fee payment schemes.
- A student who is unable to pay the tuition and/or associated enrolment fees by that semester’s/trimester’s fee deadline may apply to the Executive Director of Finance to pay by instalment.
The student’s application must include supporting evidence and such written undertaking as required by the Director. Where a student is under 21 years of age such undertaking shall be given by the student’s parent, guardian or spouse.
- A student granted permission to pay by instalment shall pay half the fees due for that semester/trimester by the prescribed fees deadline for that semester/trimester and the remainder in not more than two instalments, the final payment being made not later than four weeks prior to the beginning of the end-of-semester/trimester examinations.
- A student who has failed to pay their fees in full by the deadline for the final instalment:
(a) shall have their registration cancelled;
(b) shall not be eligible to have their registration revalidated;
(c) shall not be assessed for the course(s) nor allowed to attend lectures, tutorials or laboratories nor to submit coursework for assessment, nor to sit the final examination(s) in