Meet the Team - Payroll Office
Officer in Charge: Buisena Conivavalagi
Phone: (679) 32 32807
Assistant Accountant: Maciu Raikoti
Phone: (679) 32 32369
Key Area: Fortnightly Pay
Payroll Assistant: Arti Shusil
Phone: (679) 32 32873
Key Area: Processing Hourly Pay (UF)
Payroll Assistant: Ranjita Nand
Phone: (679) 32 32720
Key Area: Processing I&J Pay (FN)
Payroll Assistant: Ajeshni Chand
Phone: (679) 32 32585
Key Area: Processing Student Intern (NF)
What we do
There are five of us in the team. Our main aim, naturally, is to pay everyone correctly and on time. To that end we issue approximately 1,850 pay slips each year.
Our additional duties include:-
- Paying Fiji Islands Revenue & Customs Authority(FIRCA) all Pay As You Earn (PAYE) tax for individuals amounting to over $8 million each year.
- Paying FNPF, superannuation pension schemes (local and overseas) for individuals amounting to over $10 million each year.
- Liaising with the internal and external Auditors to ensure compliance to internal and statutory procedures.
- Safeguarding confidential information in accordance with the University policy.
- Many other duties too numerous to mention here!
We don’t however:-
- Pay expenses that are dealt with Veronica Yuen in Accounts Payable.
- Pay invoices for anyone who is treated as self-employed, that is also dealt with by Accounts Payable.
Service Level Agreement
To pay all members of staff correctly and in a timely manner. To provide a cost effective and professional service that allows the University to fulfill its statutory and contractual obligations both internally and externally.
- Answer all telephone and personal callers in a courteous, prompt and efficient manner.
- Answer the telephone within three rings and give the name of the team member who is speaking.
- Be available for enquiries from 8.00 a.m. to 4.30 p.m. Monday to Thursday and from 8.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. on Friday.
Our main customers have been identified as:-
Individual members of staff
FNPF and Overseas Superannuation Administrators
Auditors – Internal & External
We also deal with many departments on a regular basis particularly:-
As well as Heads of Department and budget holders