Mrs. Loriza Zinnie Rafiq
Discipline/Centre/Institute: Oceania Centre for Pacific Arts, Culture and Pacific Studies, SPACE
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Extension number: 3232209
Expertise / Activities:
Excellent Time management
Flexibility to work and environment
Analytical and Problem solving
Strong social & communication Skills
Excellent Team player
Educational Background/ Qualifications:
Developing towards Ph.D. [USP]
Master of Education [USP]
Postgraduate Diploma In Education [Leadership] [USP]
Postgraduate Certificate in Tertiary Teaching [USP] – Graduate in Sept 2021.
Bachelor In Education [USP]
Hi, I am Loriza Zinnie Rafiq!
I am originally from Fiji Islands and currently residing in the capital city, Suva.
A mom of 2 with a background in education. I strongly believe in myself. I did my graduation with Masters of Education from the University of South Pacific, Laucala Campus, in 2012 and am glad to share that my next graduation will be in September 2021 for the program; Postgraduate Certificate in Tertiary Teaching [PGCTT] from the same university. Currently, I am part of a teaching team at the University of the South Pacific. Before joining USP, I served my local government [Ministry of Education] for approximately 19 years in which my latest role was being a Head Teacher. My strengths are; I am self-motivated, hardworking, and a disciplined person. I am passionate about learning respective new skills and knowledge that would enhance my delivery at Higher Education.
Transitions from primary to high school [Education].
- Pacific Futures  – UN75 Pacific futures project – $10, 000. [A collaborative work]
- USP – Bright Lights  – School of language arts & media – $1,000.
Publications & Presentations:
- Dorovolomo, Jeremy and Rodie, Patricia and Fito‘o, Billy and Rafiq, Loriza Z. (2021) COVID-19 and online learning experiences of Solomon Islands students at the University of the South Pacific. Waikato Journal of Education, 26. pp. 89-102. ISSN 2382-0373
- Rafiq, Loriza Z. and Dorovolomo, Jeremy (2020) ‘Read like champions’: the use of sports role models to read storybooks for class three children at a Fiji school. Directions: Journal of Educational Studies, 34 (1). pp. 1-17. ISSN 1011-5846
Upcoming Conference Participation
- Rafiq, L. Z. (2021, 3rd August). Quality Access & Equity Access – Technology [Virtual conference session]. BRIDGE School Partnership Program.
- Rafiq, L. Z., & Dorovolomo, J. (2021, 28th November – 02nd December). An Evaluation of a course at the Higher Education [Virtual Conference session]. Australian Association for Research in Education.
- Wilson, S., Rafiq, L. Z., & Dorovolomo, J. (2020, 8-11 December). Using role models to ‘champion’ a love of reading [Virtual Conference session]. Festival of the Oceania Comparative and International Education Society (OCIES). https://ocies.org/about-ocies/ociesanzcies-conference-history/
- Koya, C. F. , and Rafiq, Loriza Z. and Lagi, Rosiana (2014) Sustainable Education for the Future in Fiji: Policy, Curriculum and Pedagogical Reflections. [Face-to-Face Conference session]. Vaka Pasifiki Education Conference, Nuku’alofa, Tonga.