The Institute of Applied Sciences (IAS) held a Roadshow for its Western Customers from 24-25 April 2019 to raise awareness of its services and increase engagement with its customers. Held at the Shalini Apartments Conference Room in Sigatoka and at the Bulaccino Restaurant in Nadi, the roadshow allowed customers to hear and learn directly from IAS activities with a particular focus on the Laboratory Services.
The roadshow programme included the following:
- Viewing of the IAS video on IAS services, projects and future directions.
- Presentations on Laboratory Testing Services for physical, chemical and microbiological analysis of food, water and environment samples.
- The new IAS Online Samples Results platform that would allow instant access to analytical reports by customers.
- Equipment Calibration Services and Biofuel Testing.
- Distribution of IAS services information packs to customers.
The above was followed by enlightening Q&A sessions where the IAS Director, Dr Johann Poinapen was delighted with both the turnout and interest to learn more about the Institute.Participants at the roadshow reacted positively to the roadshow and some expressed their commendations on the information provided and meeting with IAs staff who they have liased with over the years.
“The Institute of Applied Sciences will explore holding annual Western Roadshows to continuously engage with its growing list of customers and receive valuable input and feedback from them on how it can better serve them. We have found through these visits and by actively listening to our customers and other key stakeholders we are able to assist them and their business more effectively. Not only is this a win-win situation for both IAS and its customers, but in the broader sense we are both assisting in Fiji’s and the region’s sustainable development“, said Dr Poinapen.