The key focus of the Planning Office is to operationalise and strengthen planning, monitoring, evaluation, learning and reporting systems to achieve strategic and long-term objectives for the University. It also serves to support departments in their own strategic planning and to ensure there is a university-wide consistency in planning. The Planning office also works with others across the University to enhance the quality, scope and accessibility of the University management information system (MIS).
Similarly the Quality Office promotes the achievement of quality objectives in both academic and support sections by strengthening quality management systems to improve structure and delivery of core business deliverables. Together the Office of Planning and Quality supports the development of the University of the South Pacific by:
- Supporting Finance office with the annual planning & budgeting process;
- Coordinating internal and external review of programmes and disciplines;
- Reporting bi-annually on Institutional Performance against the Strategic Plan;
- Reporting data to external agencies including FHEC;
- Conducting surveys and collating feedback from students;
- Strengthening Management Information Systems (MIS) to support management decision-making, institutional performance management, long range planning and prioritising, benchmarking & continuous improvement.