Immigration Requirements for Students from USP Member Countries

1. If you are a citizen of a USP member country from outside of Fiji and you have been admitted to study at the University’s Laucala Campus you are required, as a condition of your enrolment, to obtain a study permit. The Fiji government has kindly allowed regional students who have been admitted to the Laucala Campus in Suva to complete the formalities for their study permits after they arrive in Fiji.

2. You will be allowed to enter Fiji on condition that you have with you on arrival in Fiji:

  • a valid passport
  • return air tickets and
  • a copy of the USP offer letter
  • police and medical reports duly signed by your local police and medical practitioner

You may submit your Study Permit Application here

3. If you are going to apply for residential permits for your family, it will expedite matters if your spouse’s medical and police reports are also completed and signed by your local police and medical practitioners. Your spouse will need to complete an Application for a Permit to Reside form. Please carefully read Paragraph 6 on FAMILY MEMBERS ACCOMPANYING STUDENT to ensure that you bring all necessary medical and reports forms with you. Please note the Immigration conditions if you and your spouse are both students or if you do not have a partner but will bring children.


New Student Permit

  • For regional students, they can apply for student permit while in the country. For non-regional students, it is mandatory for student permit application to be approved before entering Fiji.
  • A properly filled in application in the official form provided by the Immigration Department.
  • Copy of applicant’s biodata page of passport
  • Two (2) passport size photo
  • Request letter
  • Medical Report conducted within three (3) months of less from date of application
  • A police report for applicant over the age of 18 years from the country of citizenship/residence.
  • Acceptance letter from the institution/s or school/s.
  • For sponsored students – a sponsorship letter from the organization or individual sponsor.
  • For self funding students – a financial statement, copy of return ticket
  • A consent letter from the parent of primary and secondary school students.
  • Letter of undertaking from the local guardian and or local sponsor.
  • Copy of birth certificate
  • The requisite fee.

Extension of Student Permit

  • Acceptance letter from school.
  • Copy of passport.
  • Copy of current permit.
  • Copy of return airline ticket.
  • Copy for scholarship letter for regional students.
  • Copy of bond receipt for non-regional students.
  • Requisite fee
USP Chat Service
Lets start: