IAS Purpose and Values
To improve the lives of Pacific Islanders through training and capacity building, and providing services to foster social and economic development of communities in the Pacific.
- Professionalism – We embrace professional excellence in all aspects of our operational research, educational and community activities.
- Sustainability – We hope to continue to create value for all our stakeholders while also promoting the well-being of our employees, our natural environment and the regional community.
- Respect – We respect the dignity, diversity and individuality of all. This drives our services and operations where differences are respected and valued.
- Teamwork – We work as a team within the University, with our stakeholders, valuing our varied roles and responsibilities – striving for individual and collective excellence in the services we provide.
- Innovation – We actively pursue a culture of innovation and encourage collaborative research for creative solutions.
- Integrity – We express our integrity through objectivity, honesty, ethical practice, and transparent communication.
- Good Governance – We clearly understand the processes of decision making within the Institute and the implementation of these processes.
- Empowerment – We empower our staff to reach higher levels of capabilities and productivity.
- Excellence – We strive for excellence in the quality of the work produced and encourage a culture of learning and creativity to continually enhance service delivery.
- Service – We are committed to meeting the needs of our customers and stakeholders.
- Benevolence – We demonstrate benevolence through acts of generosity and kindness towards others in all aspects of our operations.