Desktop Support Services
Desktop Services offers automated computer support using the latest technology updates your computer software, helps to ensure security, and provisions software and tools when you need them.
- IT Services manages your basic day-to-day desktop service needs
- patch management
- OS upgrades
- automated software patching and deployment
- automated maintenance of basic productivity and security software
- IT Services provides on-site desktop support to staff. Faculty and staff members can call upon their support personnel for a wide range of computing issues:
- Workstation and network problems;
- Installation of computer hardware and software;
- Configuring and/or rebuilding computers;
- MFD/Printer setup; and
- Help with all university standard applications.
- IT Services provides support for University owned hardware indicated by the presence of an IT asset tag. Personally owned equipment on campus will not be maintained by IT Services.
- IT Services is responsible for repairing all University owned computer and peripherals currently under warranty. Repairs of equipment not covered under the manufacturer’s warranty will be coordinated by Desktop Services with the department being responsible for any associated costs.
- Consumables and other minor items such as printer fusers, maintenance kits, toner cartridges, ink cartridges, disk media, batteries, paper, speakers, keyboards, mice, etc. are the responsibility of the department unless covered by the manufacturer’s warranty. Desktop Services will assist departments by providing recommendations, pricing and vendor information to acquire appropriate replacement items.
- Desktop Services will provide proper disposal of University technology assets in conjunction with the Finance and Administration Division according to state policy and federal, state and local regulations.
- New technology requests should be submitted to the Manager User Services to be scheduled for proper testing with technology currently used in the labs.
- Students must use their User ID to login to the computers in the labs.
- Software requested beyond the IT Services Supported Software List is the financial responsibility of the requesting department. It is strongly recommended additional licenses be purchased for use in the 24-hour Computer Lab to allow students to work on projects after other labs are closed.
IT Services Staff
IT Services is staffed by a team of dedicated consultants with a broad range of technical experience and knowledge. Each department will have at least one consultant directly supporting their employees. Since consultants rarely change, they are able to build relationships with the departments they service. They will get to know you, learn your work habits, and understand your computing requirements, which lend itself to efficient services.
Tracking and resolution of Incidents
If you have a problem that requires immediate attention, phone the IT Helpdesk. Otherwise, a ticket can be submitted through the online request form.