USP Moodle Services
Moodle is an open-source, password-protected learning management system for USP. It is an extensive learning environment which is used by USP’s staff and students. Through Moodle, students can access course information, class presentations, and activities. It is also used to administer tests, quizzes and to facilitate class discussions.
A variety of tools are available for use, including:
- content management, presentation and sharing
- communication (one-to-one and many-to-many)
- project/assignment collaboration and presentation
- performance assessment and evaluation
- academic course administration and grade management.
- Eligibility: Moodle service at USP is available to all faculty staff and students
- Location: To access Moodle, please visit USP’s elearning website
Help & Support
Q: What account do I use to access Moodle?
- Staff and students are to use their USP User ID and password
Q: Why are my courses not showing up in Moodle?
- Most likely your lecturer has not enabled the course online. Even if your lecturer uploads information into the syllabus, the course will not be visible until it is enabled.
- Please contact the IT helpdesk and state that you cannot access the course through Moodle.
- You can verify that you are registered for a course by logging into Student SOLS and looking at your course schedule.
Q: Who do I contact for assistance?
- There are user guides accessible from the menu on the left side of the Moodle website.
- You can also explore the Moodle portal; it contains frequently asked questions, resources, and support information.
- If you require additional assistance, your first point of contact should be the following for best service:
- Students requiring assistance should contact:
- Course lecturer for questions about the course
- IT Helpdesk on Moodle login.
- Staff members should contact the IT Help Desk for all questions pertaining to Moodle