Mr Eroni Batikawai
Mr Eroni Batikawai graduated with a double gold medal award in Land Planning & Real Estate (2007) from USP and has a Master of Business in Property (2011) from the University of South Australia. He was awarded membership into the Golden Key International Honor Society for excellent academic achievement in his Master’s program. Mr Batikawai is an indigenous Fijian and has worked in both private valuation practice and estate management in Fiji, including a short stint at Appraisals Pacific based in Nadi (2008-09). In 2012, he was admitted into provisional membership of the Australian Property Institute (API). From 2012-present Mr Batikawai has been an academic staff teaching property and real estate courses at the Discipline of Land Management & Development, USP.
Mr Batikawai is the course coordinator for Property Investment Analysis (LM211) and Special Topic in Land Management (LM420) offered in semester 1, and Land and Building Economics (LM213) and Property Investment and Development Analysis (LM402) in semester 2. Please refer to the USP Handbook and Calendar 2022 for further details about these courses.
- Indigenous land rights and compensation assessment,
- Housing Market Analysis – housing affordability, housing needs, housing policy, housing prices index, housing needs assessment,
- Good governance and land management,
- Behavioral study in property appraisal, real estate agency and property development,
- Property economics and land price modelling.
Batikawai, E. and A. Nawaqalevu (2020). A Residential Satisfaction Assessment of Public Rental Board Housing in the Greater Suva Urban Area, Fiji Islands. The Journal of Pacific Studies 40: 6-33.
Batikawai, E. and A. Nawaqalevu (2021). An Empirical Study on Client-induced Valuation Bias – Evidence from Fiji. The Journal of Pacific Studies 41: 88-107.
- Infrastructure needs Assessment in urban settlements in Fiji – Mr Eroni Batikawai, presented at the Capacity Building in Green Infrastructure and Housing for Poverty Reduction in the Pacific Region, Tanoa Hotel, Nadi, Fiji Islands, 25th to 27th June, 2018. https://www.adb.org/news/events/green-infrastructure-and-housing-poverty-reduction-pacific-region
- The Role of Information & Communication Technology (ICT) in the property sector – presented at the 10th Fiji Institute of Valuers & Estate Management (FIVEM) Conference, Pullman Hotel, Nadi, November 22ND -23RD November, 2019.