Ms Chethna Ben
Chethna is currently on study leave from USP while she undertakes full-time study for her PhD with the University of Melbourne (2023-2026). Chethna has been the course coordinator for several core units of the Land Development and Management degree program.
Her research interests are dynamic, as she loves learning new things and offering her skills where needed. She is currently interested on the topic of sustainable development of communities as a climate action and safeguarding property rights. As an academic she aims to provide quality education using the student-centred pedagogies. She is currently volunteering as the Knowledge Portal Lead with the FIG Young Surveyors Network – Volunteer Surveyor Program and is also a delegate for the International Federation of Surveyors (FIG) Commission 2 of Academic Members Forum.
- Ben, C. and Gounder, N. (2019). Property rights: Principles of customary land and urban development in Fiji. Land Use Policy. 87. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.landusepol.2019.104089
- Ben, Chethna (2021) Legislative tenure and spatial economic analysis: an illustrative example of papaya production in Nadroga province, Fiji. In: Handbook on Space, Place and Law. Edward Elgar, UK, pp. 14-25. ISBN 978 1 78897 719 7
- How Is the VGGT Travelling over Time in the Survey Community? (8735) Walter Timo de Vries (Germany), Chethna Ben (Fiji), Mohsen Kalantari (Australia), Liza Groenendijk (Netherlands) and Francis Roy (Canada)
- Land Governance for Surveyors: the VGGT in the Curriculum. (8602) Liza Groenendijk, Senior Lecturer (Netherlands), Francis Roy, Professor (Canada), Walter Timo de Vries, Professor (Germany), Mohsen Kalantari (Australia) and Chethna Ben (Fiji)
- La formation des géomètres à la lumière des Directives volontaires pour une gouvernance responsable des régimes fonciers (8726) Francis Roy (Canada), Liza Groenendijk (Netherlands), Chethna Ben (Fiji), Mohsen Kalantari (Australia) and Walter Dimo De Vries (Germany)
Phone: (+679) 3232457.
Office: currently online