The USP Library: Empowerment through excellence in library resources and services for the sustainable development of Pacific Islands peoples.
To advance the University Mission by providing equitable access to excellent library and information services, resources and facilities for students, staff and the wider Pacific community.
The main Library at Laucala Campus was established in 1969, a year after the University was founded in 1968. Campus and Centre Libraries have also been established in the 12 USP member countries. The current three-storey building at Laucala was opened in 1988 with funding from the Australian Government. It has 1195 seats and USP Library serves as a depository library for Fiji, under the Library (Deposit of Books) Act, 1972. It is also a depository library for: The Pacific Community and The Pacific Regional Environment Programme.